Hiking is sometimes a spiritual experience taking you beyond your comfort zone but also bringing you in sync with nature. In order to enjoy the full experience one need to be properly prepared and among the things one will need is a good hiking backpack. Here is a list of the best hiking backpacks under $100.
Table of Contents
- 10. Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack; High-Performance Backpack
- 9. Teton Sports Explorer 4000 Internal Frame Backpack – Not Your Basic Backpack; High-Performance Backpack
- 8. Mountaintop 70L+10L Internal Frame Backpack with Rain Cover YKK Buckle-5805
- 7. WASING 55L Internal Frame Backpack Hiking Backpacking Packs
- 6. G4Free 50L Outdoor Backpack Camping Climbing Hiking Backpack for Backpacker
- 5. Mountaintop 50L/55L Hiking Backpack with Rain Cover
- 4. Mountaintop 60L Hiking Backpack with Rain Cover
- 3. Venture Pal Lightweight Packable Durable Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack
- 2. Outlander Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack
- 1. 20L/33L- Most Durable Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack
10. Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack; High-Performance Backpack
This tough member will be with you on many hiking trips, with a durable 600D diamond ripstop and 600D Oxford canvas shell. Weighing in at 4.5lbs and 55 liter capacity all supported by comfortable thick padded adjustable shoulder straps and the torso length is adjustable to accommodate different people. The backpack also comes equipped with a safety rainfly.
TETON Sports Scouts 3400 boasts of a sturdy build with flexible aluminum stays with no compromise to comfort. The main compartment has plenty of rooms, the backpack also has multiple compartments and many pockets making sure you will have plenty of space to pack for your journey on the hiking trails.
Are you going on an ice trail? Then fear not. TETON Sports Scouts 3400 can carry ski equipment, ice axes and more tools needed during your hike on gear loops on the backpack and it’s great for both men and women.
9. Teton Sports Explorer 4000 Internal Frame Backpack – Not Your Basic Backpack; High-Performance Backpack
Equipped with six pockets counting the main compartment alongside three mesh pouches you are spoiled for choice in terms of rooms to pack for your hiking journey. The TETON Sports Scouts 4000 can carry heavy loads and still maintain comfort due to the bendable aluminum, thick lumbar and upper back pads. The backpack has an adjustable torso, shoulder and hip straps making easy to carry around.
Designed with floating pockets that can be used to secure tent poles to the side of the pack with enough room to access other pockets and pouches. On your trails you won’t have the worry about dehydration as the TETON Sports Scouts 4000 can hold a water bladder up to 3 liters. For easy packing, the TETON Sports Scouts 4000 has a lower sleeping bag compartment for easy access.
8. Mountaintop 70L+10L Internal Frame Backpack with Rain Cover YKK Buckle-5805
This backpack has the adjustable back length to provide comfort to the backpack user. They are considered useful for camping, hiking, trekking, and general travel. This backpack has very simple access to the front compartment through front positioned zippers. The backpack also has chains to fasten other accessories like ice picks or an ice axe.
7. WASING 55L Internal Frame Backpack Hiking Backpacking Packs
Designed with an adjustable frame which is streamlined to match the shape of your back, the Wasing 55L is truly the backpack for our outdoor activities. Boasting for some of the features such as a protective rain cover and made of polyester which makes it practically waterproof.
Fitting with a front pocket, one bladder sleeve for your hydration needs and hip belt pocket this backpack makes hiking or trekking a comfortable experience.
6. G4Free 50L Outdoor Backpack Camping Climbing Hiking Backpack for Backpacker
With enough space in the main compartments and outside pockets, the backpack is made from strong water resistant nylon will keep you and all your stuff safe and protect them from other elements. In the great outdoors, it is the best and this backpack caters for your hydration.
The main compartment can be stretched to provide more storage but still maintain the comfort of the backpack. You can also attach tools to this backpack without compromising to its lightweight and comfortable design.
5. Mountaintop 50L/55L Hiking Backpack with Rain Cover
The shoulder straps are designed to wrap around your shoulders for a secure grip giving a comfortable lift also due to its padding. The back is also padded to allow for comfort when carrying the backpack, but also to help in air circulation keeping you cool while on your travels. For emergencies the backpack has a whistle on one of the rare straps. The main pocket also houses the hydration unit which is connected to the shoulder straps.
4. Mountaintop 60L Hiking Backpack with Rain Cover
Like the 70L the 60L has an adjustable back setting to help match the barrier’s height. This backpack is suitable for climbing, trekking, and hiking since it includes an expandable main compartment which can be extended by an extra 5 liters by an expansion collar on top of the backpack.
The main compartment is where the hydration unit resides, the bladder is housed in the main compartment while the hydration system is accessed from the side of the backpack. Comfortable shoulder pads on the shoulder straps and hip belts help maintain the balance of the backpack.
3. Venture Pal Lightweight Packable Durable Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack
Designed with durability in mind and a light weight design, the main compartment is zipped all the way to the bottom as the main space. An additional two front pockets are available as well as two extra side pockets. The main compartment can be segmented into two to allow for convenient packing and extra room.
2. Outlander Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack
The outlander has one major compartment, two front pockets with zippers and water bottle pockets on either side. Made from durable nylon fabric this backpack is made ready for hiking and trekking. Metal zippers are used to secure the pockets and are easily accessible.
1. 20L/33L- Most Durable Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack
The outlander backpack has a lot of space and still manages to maintain a lightweight footprint. It comes with a compact design which allows it to pack away a section of the backpack into a more standard one for everyday use. The shoulder straps are very comfortable and allow for the backpack to carry heavy items but also double with carrying other essentials like books or a laptop. All are available within budget.